Day 15 - Abortion
“Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from Him.”
AREAS TO CONSIDER
- Every year, the abortion industry brings in $831 million. This is a business that is about profits far more than it is about women’s health. (1)
- Planned Parenthood, America’s largest abortion provider, has consistently engaged in illegal actions,
such as covering up statutory rape, aiding and abetting commercial
sexual exploitation and facilitating abortions based solely on the sex
of the child. (2)
- Planned Parenthood frequently misleads and lies to women
regarding the development of the baby, the risks of abortion and the
processes of adoption and parenting; they also consistently lobby
against any law or effort that could potentially limit abortion, even if
it is in the best interest of women. (2)
- There have been multiple cases of abortionists keeping unsanitary facilities, using unsafe methods, covering up botched abortions or injured women and other questionable practices; as a whole, the abortion industry is not well regulated. The most well-known of these case was the high profile Kermit Gosnell case; however, there are likely many others. (3)
- Pray for the pro-life momentum in our nation to continue to increase. (Deuteronomy 30:19)
- Pray that Planned Parenthood would no longer be able to hide behind money and lies; pray for the government to completely defund them. (Proverbs 12:22)
- Pray for a wave of repentance to come over abortionists, that their eyes would be opened and they would no longer be able to participate in taking human life. (Proverbs 1:23)
- Consider volunteering at local pregnancy centers or adoption organizations.
- Attend pro-life rallies and participate in raising awareness regarding the atrocities of abortion.
- If you know anyone considering aborting
their child, be a loving voice that would encourage them to either keep
the child or put him/her up for adoption.
- If you are established well in your finances and marriage, consider becoming an adoptive parent yourself!
- “Abortion for Profit.” Abort73. 3 September 2010. http://www.abort73.com/
- Live Action. Lies, Corruption and Scandal: Six Years of Exposing Planned Parenthood. Spring 2014 Investigative Report. http://www.liveaction.org/