DAY 15 - The Use of Sex, Power, and Control
Today we will focus our prayer and repentance on the manipulative use of force and control behind sex trafficking.
What leads to strife (discord and feuds) and how do conflicts (quarrels and fighting) originate among you? Do they not arise from your sensual desires that are ever warring in your bodily members? You are jealous and cover (what others have) and your desires go unfulfilled…You burn with envy and anger and are not able to obtain (the gratification, the contentment, and the happiness that you seek), so you fight and war… –James 4:1-2
Individuals who buy sex reveal that they have the ability to de-humanize and commodify their victims. Here are some of their attributes:
- An anger outlet – they beat and abuse their victims.
- They view their victims as a public convenience or amenity, like going to a restaurant to dine.(1)
- They seek an outlet for the lowest level of perversion (pedophilia, pornography scene reenactment, etc.).(2)
POWER AND CONTROL
Bottom line, much of this comes down to power and control. There is an obsession to manipulate, control, and inflict pain upon their victims. They have exchanged the truth and beauty of a sexual relationship in a covenantal, God-sanctioned marriage for the animal-like sexual behavior (Romans 1:24-25).
To read the full USRPN article on this issue, please click here.
Father, we repent for any unforgiveness we might have towards anyone who has wronged us on a personal level in these areas. We also ask You to search our hearts and expose anyway we might have manipulated, abused, or controlled others.
Father God, we now stand in the gap on behalf of our nation and ask forgiveness for the sins of our society that provoke such destructive behavior in our lands. Forgive us, as citizens, as citizens, for not seeing the need for strong laws to defend those being trafficked. We also repent for not being a voice that demands the true enforcement of current anti-trafficking laws.
Father God, I ask that You would reveal human
trafficking going on in my city. Where there is corruption, expose it
and bring every evil thing to light.
We recognize that power, control, and the need to
dehumanize another person are at the root of sexual assault and human
trafficking. Therefore, we pray today that homes, schools, and churches
across our two nations will be places where children feel safe,
affirmed, and see and learn healthy boundaries.
- We pray that You would target the hearts of men caught in this perversion with Your love and conviction.
1. The White Rose Movement fights human trafficking by restoring girls and women who have been exploited by (or through) the sex industry. Learn how you can partner with them by clicking here.
2. Take every opportunity to instill a sense of tremendous value for people in the younger generation so that they would see themselves and others as individuals to protect and nurture, not manipulate and exploit.